In celebration of The Judds’ 40th anniversary, some of music’s biggest stars have come together for A Tribute to The Judds, a compilation album full of reimagined versions of the legendary duo’s discography out now, on BMG.
All tracks from the album were developed by The Judds’ original producer and six-time Grammy award winner, Brent Maher outside of ‘Cry Myself to Sleep’ which was produced by four-time CMA winner Cactus Moser. Forty years after signing the mother daughter duo to RCA Records, Joe Galante now serves as the project’s executive producer and spearheaded the record into fruition alongside Renee Bell.
Galante’s previous work with The Judds culminated in multiple accolades including: 6 multi-platinum studio albums, 5 Grammy awards, 9 CMA awards, 8 ACM awards, and an induction into the Country Music Hall of Fame.
Throughout the record, the featured artists – Wynonna Judd, Ashley McBryde, Barnett, Lynne, and West, Blake Shelton, Carl Perkins, Carly Pearce, Cody Johnson, Dolly Parton, Ella Langley, Gabby Barrett, Gwen Stefani, Jamey Johnson, Jelly Roll, Jennifer Nettles, K. Michelle, Lainey Wilson, LeAnn Rimes, Megan Moroney, Molly Tuttle, O.N.E. The Duo, Raul Malo, Reba McEntire, Rob Ickes, Shelly Fairchild, Sonya Isaacs, The Fisk Jubilee Singers, Trey Hensley, Trisha Yearwood, and Wendy Moten – all intertwine their signature sound into the beloved music of The Judds, creating a powerful adulation to one of the most iconic duos in Country music.
‘Mama He’s Crazy’ featuring multi-award-winning artists, Dolly Parton and Lainey Wilson will serve as the focus track for the album and can be heard HERE.
In honor of Naomi Judd, A Tribute to The Judds has also partnered with the National Alliance of Mental Illness Tennessee. For more information on NAMI, please visit: NAMITN.org.
A Tribute To The Judds Track List:
1. Girls Night Out – Reba McEntire, Carly Pearce, Jennifer Nettles, Gabby Barrett
2. Mama He’s Crazy – Lainey Wilson and Dolly Parton
3. Why Not Me – Megan Moroney
4. Grandpa (Tell Me ‘Bout The Good Old Days) [feat. Sonya Isaacs] – Cody Johnson
5. Rockin’ With The Rhythm Of The Rain – Ashley McBryde and Shelly Fairchild
6. Young Love (Strong Love) – Ella Langley and Jamey Johnson
7. Have Mercy – LeAnn Rimes
8. Love Is Alive – Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton
9. Had A Dream (For The Heart) – Wendy Moten and O.N.E The Duo
10. I Know Where I’m Going – Barnett, Lynne & West
11. Let Me Tell You About Love – Carl Perkins and Raul Malo
12. John Deere Tractor – Rob Ickes & Trey Hensley and Molly Tuttle
13. Cry Myself To Sleep – Wynonna Judd and Trisha Yearwood
14. Love Can Build A Bridge – Jelly Roll, K. Michelle, and The Fisk Jubilee Singers