The Photographers’ gallery is set to re-open. This is what they have to say.
Dear TPG Friends,
We are re-opening!
From Tuesday 14 July 2020, we will be ready to welcome you with inspiring work and a variety of measures to keep you and us safe.
• New opening hours: 11.00 – 19.00, Tues – Sat, to avoid rush hours and support reduced staff on site
• Reduced visitor capacity
• Timed entry slots for exhibitions which can be booked in advance online
• Restricted numbers in all our gallery spaces
• Social Distancing Measures, including one-way systems, protective screens and markers
• Contactless payment
• New layouts and restricted numbers in our Bookshop and Cafe
• PPE for all front-facing staff
• Masks for all visitors strongly encouraged
Our re-opening programme includes an extended opportunity to see the Deutsche Börse Photography Foundation Prize 2020, alongside Jan Svoboda – Against the Light. Both remain open until 20 September 2020.
Our Media Wall features Anna Ridler’s Laws of Ordered Form which will be followed by Philipp Schmitt‘s Declassifier, xtine burrough & Sabrina Starnaman‘s A Kitchen of One’s Own and Everest Pipkin‘s Lacework.
Print Sales Gallery will re-open with its annual Summer Salon presentation, which highlights a range of works from their represented artists.
While we are still unable to offer an on-site talks and events programme, we will continue our online programme with Screen Walks led by artists such as Lauren Huret, Conor McGarrigle, Mathew Plummer-Fernandez and Zaiba Jabbar; artist talks by Maxime Matthys and Poulomi Basu, fortnightly Slow Looking sessions, with live audio description; new online courses exploring photographic histories and regular, free, online portfolio reviews for photographers.
Our careers programme for young people Develop, continues online with workshops, talks and resources to support 14-24 year olds looking for advice, skills and networks.
You’re very welcome
© The Photographers’ Gallery 2020
16-18 Ramillies Street
London, W1F 7LW