While the pandemic paralyzed the entire world and prevented bands from touring, Latin America’s biggest metal export Sepultura refused to sit back and act like an animal trapped in a cage.
Like the flowers growing out of the deceased bird’s body depicted on the stunning colourful cover artwork by Eduardo Recife, the thrash metal pioneers from Belo Horizonte made good use of their unexpected free time to start a project that kept them busy throughout the entirety of 2020 – their new live album SepulQuarta will see the light of day on August 13th. The pre-order for this one-of-a-kind release featuring renowned guest musicians from all over the world is now launched.
Obviously, the Brazilian pioneers were not the only musicians feeling this way, so they started to connect with friends and colleagues worldwide and asked them to not only be part of their weekly podcast, but also join them in playing one of Sepultura’s classic tracks. From the safety of their homes, international stars like Devin Townsend, Scott Ian (Anthrax), Danko Jones, Matt Heafy (Trivium), and many more recorded a Sepulturatrack together with the band, which have now been mixed and mastered by Conrado Ruther for release via jewelcase CD, recycled 2LP vinyl in black and marbled (Nuclear Blast + band shop exclusive) and via all streaming platforms.
This is the full tracklist featuring all international guest musicians:
01. Territory (feat. David Ellefson)
02. Cut-Throat (feat. Scott Ian)
03. Sepulnation (feat. Danko Jones)
04. Inner Self (feat. Phil Rind)
05. Hatred Aside (feat. Angélica Burns, Mayara Puertas & Fernanda Lira)
06. Mask (feat. Devin Townsend)
07. Fear, Pain, Chaos, Suffering (feat. Emmily Barreto)
08. Vandals Nest (feat. Alex Skolnick)
09. Slave New World (feat. Matthew K. Heafy)
10. Ratamahatta (feat. Joao Barone & Charles Gavin)
11. Apes Of God (feat. Rob Cavestany)
12. Phantom Self (feat. Mark Holcomb)
13. Slaves Of Pain (feat. Fred Leclercq & Marcello Pompeu)
14. Kaiowas (feat. Rafael Bittencourt)
15. Orgasmatron (feat. Phil Campbell)