GRANGER SMITH RELEASES NEW ALBUM MOONRISE & ANNOUNCES ACTING DEBUT IN NEW PUREFLIX FILM MOONRISE (OUT DECEMBER 15TH)
Multi-Platinum selling Country artist with over 1.3 billion on-demand streams and 12 million social media followers, Granger Smith, today releases his newest album Moonrise and announces his acting debut as the star of PureFlix’s upcoming film Moonrise, available on December 15th. Produced by Granger with John Marlin, every song on the new record will be featured in the movie. Listen to the album now HERE.
In the film, Smith portrays Will Brown – a Country music artist with three kids who has lost his wife in a tragic accident and must seek redemption with his music and his family. Having gone through tragedies himself, Granger felt connected to Brown after reading the script and asked to hear the songs. Shocked to learn there weren’t any, Granger who soon became the movie’s musical supervisor took it upon himself to write all the songs for the movie.
“I definitely didn’t expect to record an album this year (or at least in this way)!” says Granger. “Last holiday season when I accepted the lead role in the movie, I spoke with the director about a song mentioned prominently in the script called ‘Forever Forward’ among others. I said, ‘Can you send me this song, so I can learn it?’ and she replied, ‘Oh, we don’t have that yet, but we’ll find it!’ So, I decided the easiest thing to do would be to write the songs to fill in the gaps for the film. Before long, I had 12 brand new songs and a complete album. This was so different than any other process of music making that I’ve been involved in with, and I LOVED every minute of it.”
Starting with nothing and accomplished in his trailer in between shooting scenes, Granger dug through old songs he had never finished and began piecing them together, writing and recording all 12 in a tight time span of only five months. Although written for the purpose of the film, spotlighting tragedy, hardships, repurpose and redemption, Moonrise is unique in Granger’s catalog as it was truly inspired by his character’s journey, however the result is still 100% authentic to Granger Smith.
Moonrise Track Listing:
1. Never Been (Granger Smith, Ben Stennis, Brad Rempel, William Blake Bollinger)
2. I Wanna (Steven Olsen, Corey Crowder, Granger Smith)
3. Tailgate Church Pew (Granger Smith, John Marlin)
4. Still Find You (Justin Wilson, Granger Smith, Andy Albert, Jordan Schmidt)
5. Damn Guitar (Granger Smith)
6. In This House (Thomas Marc Archer, Granger Smith, Matt Alderman, Mitchell Tenpenny)
7. Broke In (Granger Smith, Jared Mullins, Cameron Montgomery)
8. Something Is Changing (Granger Smith, John Marlin)
9. Black Suit (Granger Smith, Dusty Saxton, John Marlin, Chris Lee)
10. Something To Go On (Granger Smith, Rodney Clawson, Kyle Fishman, Justin Wilson)
11. Forever Forward (Granger Smith, John Marlin)
12. Moonrise (Andy Albert, Jordan Schmidt, Granger Smith, Justin Wilson)
Produced by Granger Smith & John Marlin