Big Loud Records heavy-hitter HARDY, whose hits “embody that classic Country spirit while pushing the boundaries of modern radio music” (American Songwriter), announces today his debut album, A ROCK, releasing on all digital retailers and streaming platforms September 4th.
Sharing the news exclusively with Rolling Stone, HARDY details the process of how the 12-track collection — entirely co-written by the ACM and CMA award-nominated songwriter — emerged as a years-in-the-making debut while developed and finished during this unprecedented time. Rolling Stone details the process, with HARDY’s vision for the album becoming more focused after he wrote “Boots” — “It’s just something that I hadn’t really done before,” he shares, “to really experiment with more of the rock & roll side of my music.”
READ THE EXCLUSIVE REVEAL OF A ROCK WITH ROLLING STONE HERE
Produced by ACM Producer of the Year nominee Joey Moi and co-produced by Derek Wells, with additional production on select tracks by David Garcia and Jake Mitchell, A ROCK features a diverse cast of Nashville’s elite songwriters – from mainstay hitmakers Hillary Lindsey, Jessie Jo Dillon, David Garcia and Ashley Gorley to hot-on-the-rise newcomers Hunter Phelps, Jake Mitchell and Zach Abend – and dives deep into every corner of HARDY’s influence. Bleeding elements of Soundgarden, Pink Floyd, John Prine, Eric Church, Kid Rock and more into the record’s sound while maintaining his own signature brand of Country throughout, the collection runs the gamut of genre and encapsulates the fullness of HARDY’s artistry, making it clear where he’s come from, and exactly where he’s headed next.
A ROCK TRACK LISTING:
1. “Truck” (Michael Hardy, Ben Johnson, Hunter Phelps)^
2. “Boyfriend” (Michael Hardy, Zach Abend, Andy Albert)^
3. “Give Heaven Some Hell” (Michael Hardy, Ashley Gorley, Ben Johnson, Hunter Phelps)^
4. “Boots” (Michael Hardy, David Garcia, Hillary Lindsey)^
5. “Where Ya At” (Michael Hardy, Jessie Jo Dillon, David Garcia)*
6. “Ain’t A Bad Day” (Michael Hardy, Jake Mitchell, Hunter Phelps)^
7. “One Beer” feat. Lauren Alaina & Devin Dawson (Michael Hardy, Hillary Lindsey, Jake Mitchell)^
8. “So Close” feat. Ashland Craft (Michael Hardy, Mark Holman, Hillary Lindsey)^
9. “Broke Boy” (Michael Hardy, David Garcia, Brett Tyler)^
10. “Hate Your Hometown” (Michael Hardy, David Garcia, Hillary Lindsey)^
11. “Unapologetically Country As Hell” (Michael Hardy, Smith Ahnquist, Nick Donley, Jake Mitchell)•
12. “A Rock” (Michael Hardy, Smith Ahnquist, Jake Mitchell)•
^ Produced by Joey Moi and Co-Produced by Derek Wells
* Produced by Joey Moi, Derek Wells and David Garcia
• Produced by Joey Moi, Derek Wells and Jake Mitchell
A ROCK Album Players: Dave Cohen (Keys & B3), Paul Franklin (Steel Guitar), David Garcia (Programming), Jake Mitchell (Programming, Guitar), Joey Moi (Programming, Electric Guitar, Acoustic Guitar), Jerry Roe (Drums & Percussion), Jimmie Lee Sloas (Bass), Ilya Toshinskiy (Acoustic Guitar, Resonator, Banjo, Dulcimer, Dobro, Mandolin), Derek Wells (Electric Guitar, Acoustic Guitar)
As already-released fan favourite “Boots” gains and sophomore single “One Beer” featuring Lauren Alaina and Devin Dawson soars into US Country radio’s Top 25, pre-sales for A ROCK will go live this Friday (24/7).
With every new release, Big Loud Records’ HARDY puts his signature loud-and-rowdy stamp on modern Country music as both an artist and a CMA and ACM-nominated songwriter. His current Top 25 single “One Beer” feat. Lauren Alaina and Devin Dawson and newest fan-favourite “Boots” preview his debut album, A Rock, releasing September 4th via Big Loud Records. The boundary-pushing collection follows 2019’s countrified mixtape HiXTAPE VOL. 1 – praised by Billboard as “one of the most ambitious projects of the year” – and career-launching EPs This Ole Boy and Where To Find Me. The pride of Philadelphia, MS continues to “embody that classic Country spirit while pushing the boundaries of modern radio music” (American Songwriter) as a songwriter, earning four Platinum-certified #1 singles over 18 months – Morgan Wallen’s 2X Platinum “Up Down,” Florida Georgia Line’s 2X Platinum “Simple,” Chris Lane’s Platinum “I Don’t Know About You” and Blake Shelton’s 2X Platinum “God’s Country.